Monday, September 06, 2004

I was wrong and I am sorry. I hereby apologize for anything bad I may have said about Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk (about quality, not price or quantity). I was basing my opinion on attempts at the blend by other brands, where the silk has just made the alpaca not as soft but wasn't enough to actually be silky. Where others have tried and failed, however, Debbie Bliss has produced the Yarn of the Gods. And just in time for my revelation, Jessica posted about finding it for $5.49! So... I have 8 balls of it heading toward me as we speak. I ordered the dark blue, and am going to use it for my DNA scarf. I know that it is the wrong gauge, but I also know that I consider patterns suggestions; inspiration, if you will. I'll work something out. I ordered some extra so that I can make a matching headband out of it too, or maybe a little something for myself.

Because of the holiday, Purlygirls was pretty sparse. We still had a great time, of course, and we managed to pick up three knitters who will hopefully start coming. I am almost done with the back-front to Tricot. I have reached the point where I need to follow new instructions, so hopefully the mystery over which piece it actually is will soon come clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home