Monday, December 05, 2005

I changed my plan for Mark's dad's Christmas present. Instead of the really time-consuming mittens or the lightning-quick Big Kureyon hat I've gone with the intermediate Brioche Hat from Weekend Knitting. I really, really like it. Mainly this is due to the very pretty colors I'm using out of Cascade 220 (I added some extra stitches to make the guage match).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The pattern is a bit fussy to set up, but once you get going it's very simple. In the event you do make a mistake (or ignore the "do not twist" instruction for a few rows), ripping back a few rows is also a bit tricky, but doable. I love the fabric it creates, both in its use of color and how squishy and great it is to feel. I just really hope it's big enough.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

It looks great, Molly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home