Friday, November 18, 2005

Well, I passed my oral exam. It's not bringing with it the exhiliration that passing the written did. First of all, I'm exhausted. In addition to all of the tension leading up to this, there is the fact that they questioned me for an hour and forty five minutes after my presentation. It was exhausting (normally I would try to come up with a synonym for a word I used one sentance ago; now is not the time). Also, as I sat there and listened to the questions and ideas about my work it became very clear to me that I have accomplished nothing of value so far, don't understand the chemistry I need to, and may never graduate. Finally, the second on my committee (the guy other than my advisor) has a ton of things he wants changed in my paper, so it's back to the drawing board on that. Ugh. On the up side, I'm going to see Harry Potter soon.

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure in a few days you'll feel much better to have it all behind you. I know how you feel, you do al lthis work and then you're not sure it'll ever work out. But it will. We can get through this together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home