Sunday, November 06, 2005

It's time to get organized for the holidays. Here is what I am intending to give each person for Christmas, followed by the backup emergency plan:

Mark: Sweater of my own design (almost to splitting for arms)
Penny: Anatolian Mittens from Folk Mittens (one done sans thumb), yarn/needles/book/teach to knit
Chuck: Greek Mittens from Folk Mittens, Superyak hat and mittens
Ray: Green/blue Fuzzy Feet from Knitty (done)
Amy: Blue/green Fuzzy Feet (at toe decreases of last slipper)
Maggie: Bobbi Bear (needs duplicate stitching)
Tammy: Red/green Fuzzy Feet (cuffs done)
Mike: Green/red Fuzzy Feet
Rachel: Age-appropriate (non-religious) book, Barnes and Noble Gift Certificate
Cory: Age-appropriate (non-religious) book, Barnes and Noble Gift Certificate
Mom: Fair Isle Mittens adjusted from Folk Mittens, enough Cashsoft DK to knit a sweater
Dad: Minnesota Mittens from Folk Mittens, mittens that don't flip open
Peter: Thrummed earflap hat of my own design
Paul: Something a popular 16 year old would like... damn. I have no frame of reference for this

I think I'll go knit now.

2 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if this helps or not, but for Paul (your 16 year old with no time frame) what about a gift certificate to Best Buy - that way he can get CDs, movies, etc.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My brother loves Best Buy. That is a good gift idea.

I am going to be knitting a lot of christmas gifts as well.

My brother is a long shoreman and I am thinking some manly fingerless mittens or gloves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home