Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I just spent about 5 hours reading about the theory of PowerPoint slide design. Ugh. The people writing the articles were getting just as loopy as I was reading them if the titles of their papers are any indication: the philosophical (“Is PowerPoint the Devil?”), the voice of mediation ("The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint: Not All Slides Are Evil”), the terrible puns (“The Level of Discourse Continues to Slide”), and the bitchy ("Pictoral Illustrations Still Improve Student Learning"). At least I was able to knit, albiet inconsistantly. Yesterday and today I've been working on a pair of Fiber Trends Felt Ballerina Slippers for Mark's grandmother who has been ill. This is the first project I've worked with Lamb's Pride, and I really like it, and the pattern is so simple they just fly off the needles. I'm not thrilled that they are garter stitch in the round, but life could certainly be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home