Thursday, October 06, 2005

In the midst of my Christmas knitting, I am knitting the sweater in Elizabeth Zimmerman's first newsletter. I've completed the sleeves:

Image hosted by

They look awfully lumpy here, but blocking will straighten that out. I'm using Dale's Tiur, which is a joy to work with and is very reasonably priced. It has a nice soft halo from the mohair, and all the ease of knitting with wool. I'm not into EZ's ribbing and then increasing suddenly afterward so I put a five row hem with a purl turning row at the bottom of each sleeve and the body. The row where I knit two together all around to connect the hem is incredibly tedious but it's better than sewing it in and I love the look of a hem. I'm a few inches up on the main part. There's quite a bit of stockinette yet to do.


Post a Comment

<< Home