Tuesday, August 23, 2005

On my new scientific schedule for crafting, Tuesdays are for spinning. So without further ado I would like to present to you 11 yards of the finest... blue stuff... hot off the wheel here at Chez Swan:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Most of this I spun with Jessica the day I got the wheel (and some she had done, and a little her six year old made); today was mainly about plying. Since I had been experimenting with differing guages while spinning, I thought I may as well make it a complete sampler and work on varying plying methods. I tried a standard two-ply and navajo plying. I actually think that by the end I had gotten pretty smooth with both.

Now, I'm new to this, but I think I may have added a tad too much twist overall:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I set the twist to hopefully get this to calm down (it's drying now). I wanted to go back and spin some more, but try as I might could no longer get the yarn to wind on the bobbin anymore. I'm hoping the gnomes will fix it while I'm asleep.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

He's seven, thank you very much. 'Cause if he hears you call him six there will be hell to pay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home