Sunday, August 21, 2005

Today was a bad technology day.

My blog doesn't seem to be fixed if looked at with other computers

I stepped on the headphones of my iPod.

I ran all around doing my errands of great distance (they need to be saved for one big day of suckage since I don't have a car), only to find out about five minutes in that I only had the first four chapters of the book I was listening to on my iPod (Dark Tower III by Stephen King. Great series.)

I got home, was very ready to relax, put on my lounging clothes and went to plug in my computer. No power cord. At that moment I ran out of batteries. You know, I dropped my bag at work and everything scattered (hence the headphone issue)... It was about at this point that I realized how dependent I am on my computer. I couldn't work on my blog or my research. I couldn't veg and watch Six Feet Under while knitting, as was my plan since I don't own a TV. I couldn't plan my day tomorrow since bus schedules, store hours, etc are all online. Again, I would like to point out that I have no car. I have to take the bus all the way back to the Fiber Gallery. Of course the bus was 20 minutes late and the one back home was leaving as I stepped off the bus there. On a normal day this would mean an irritating 15 minutes wait but since it's Sunday it means I walk the 40+ blocks home.

This all meant that I didn't get any time at home tonight before Karaoke started. And what song was the latest drunk belting out in all his atonal glory when I got home? That's right. Sweet Caroline.

Oh, and my Six Feet Under disk is scratched.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Wow. Your day sucked.
I tried a book on tape (cd) yesterday. I could not do it. I may have to take a plane to England to find the actress hired to read the book just to poke her in the eye. Annoying hag...

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Holy s#!%! That was a suck day if I've ever heard one! :( I don't know what's worse...the 40 block walk or the Sweet Caroline repeats. But if I read between the lines, it looks like you're keeping a sense of humor about the whole thing. Hang in there girl! Tomorrow's a new day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home