Wednesday, August 03, 2005

It often feels that I kick into domesticity hyper-drive when I come down here. For example, in the last 24 hours I have trimmed the hedges, made a small garden around the mailbox, swept the driveway (long and covered in the remains of the three inches Mark just cut off the grass), pulled up all the grass around the bushes along the front of our house, weeded the garden (anything I say about the state of my garden you will think I am exaggerating, wait until I can post a picture; think meadow), done three loads of laundry, spent three hours cleaning the kitchen (some people were not meant to live alone), went grocery shopping, prepared and froze eight meals (for Mark when I leave again), made two meals to eat at present, and knit one of the little cabeled socks from the last Interweave Knits. For contrast, in my month in Seattle I prepared and ate one dinner at home, tidied up in the 15 minutes before I had to leave to catch my plane out here, and can't readily think of the nearest patch of grass, much less garden.

Although I have been taking lots of pictures, I don't seem to have a USB cable here to get them to my computer. I'll post some as soon as I can rustle one up. The sock is extremely cute, as is the dress out of the Cascade striping sock yarn I finally finished and gave to the adorable baby down the road (it had been wanting ends woven in for about a month).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home