Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I've been mainly working on Lara from the Debbie Bliss Alpaca silk book lately. The construction of this sweater is fascinating. I had no idea how it was going to come together until I was 75% done. I was cruising and had pretty much finished in under two weeks when it was time to start the ribbing for the second sleeve. I thought I had the right number of rows to make the sleeves the same length, but they just didn't look the same. I counted very carefully and began the ribbing. Notice anything?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It seems my gauge has perhaps changed a bit. I think I'll seam most of it tomorrow and then give the ribbing another shot with smaller or bamboo needles. Hopefully the sleeve size won't be too different. The gauge in stockinette looks basically the same. I'm afraid to measure it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home