Sunday, August 14, 2005

I'm back in Seattle and my photos are no longer being held hostage in my camera. I had an adventurous two weeks. Well, maybe not as adventurous as, say, Mark:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But I did head over to the land of the Four Chickens for a little hen-sitting:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And I finished the leafy tank (as I believe I mentioned earlier, but now I have photos)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Someone bought the pattern today. I'm terrified. It's going to be all wrong and worded in the worst possible way and they are going to hunt me down and gouge me to death with their dullest Addis while screaming "there is no way this shaping is right!!!" It's especially nerve-wracking because the tank doesn't really fit the mannequin. It fits me, I swear. The mannequin is just smaller-chested and doesn't have a back.... really...

Upon returning to MS I found that this had happened to my garden:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look closely and you'll see the black edging marking the border of the garden. If it's not a tree, light green bush, or dark purple stuff, it's not supposed to be there. Apparently when before getting on the plane in June I said "You need to either lay down mulch tomorrow or weed regularly while I'm gone" and Mark said "I'll mulch," no formal or binding agreement had been made and it is ridiculous to think so. I forgot to take an after picture, but all is well and mulch has been laid. In fact, I think we have one of the coolest backyards on base.

The neighbor had a baby while I was gone, so I whipped up a pair of these:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Using the scraps of Shepherd's Sock from Conway I made a pair of the baby socks from the summer IK. I hated the toe that was written, so after a few attempts settled on decreasing one stitch in from each edge of the top and bottom every other row. They are bigger than I expected, so I also made a pair of the Hugs and Kisses socks with only 29 sts cast on and other measurements adjusted accordingly. Perhaps I'll have a photo of those tomorrow.

I gave the dress I designed from Cascade Sassy Stripes to our friends before I thought to take a photo, and it has yet to be worn so you'll have to settle for a picture of the recipient instead:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"He's wearing the same outfit, but I really don't think this is Daddy."

I started a few other projects as well, but more on those another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home