Thursday, September 08, 2005

It seems that intimidation by Excel's many functions and capabilities is keeping many knitters from using software they aleady own for an excellent and time-saving method of charting. I have therefore posted detailed instructions to my techniques in the right side bar. I am very dependent on Excel when I am working a Fair Isle design in different colors than the pattern. It is so much easier just to make my own chart than try to remember that the dark green is really light blue. I also chart my cables and lace in Excel when I am writing up patterns. I just posted the basics here (which could be all you ever use and not feel deprived), but as you get more comfortable with Excel and poke around its menus you can find all sorts of neat new tricks like merging cells for even fancier charts.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mini owners bid adieu to beloved device
For some, it just simply time to move on. Other bloggers, however, are sorrowfully mourning the loss of the iPod Mini in response to Apple CEO Steve Jobs' introduction Wednesday of the Mini's replacement --the ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a ##prayer## site/blog. It pretty much covers ##Katrina## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home