Friday, February 25, 2005

I totally jinxed myself by promising photos yesterday. I ran out of masking tape, so I barely got anywhere on the painting. It really, really needs to get done tomorrow, though, as I am very quickly running out of February.

I did, however, get an exciting delivery:



Yes, I too have jumped on the Knit Picks bandwagon. The Alpaca Cloud is for the Feather and Fan Shawl from A Gathering of Lace. The Merino Style is for Ribby Cardi. I was really expecting the coal to be more of a dark gray than a black, but okay. I haven't decided on the sleeve color. What do you think?

or

The Wool of the Andes is for Fuzzy Feet.

I didn't get much done knitting or painting-wise today, because I spent most of the day at Boeing getting millions of tiny carbon fiber splinters. Oh, and 2/3 of my samples are useless. This is what was supposed to happen today:



This is what happened in most cases:



Damn. This means much more time at Boeing.

Then when I went to knit tonight I forgot my pattern for Rogue, so I borrowed scraps from Cass and Janet and needles from Jean and started this for the Dulan Project:



It's going to be for one of the older children.

3 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I don't think I really need to tell you what my vote is for on the sleeves...

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Jaya said...

I like the reddish color myself. But that's just me.

As for the research, I can completely understand. One of these days, we'll have to trade stories about research. But I hope you get better results next week. :)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger froggiemeanie said...

My vote is for the red too.

I sympathize about the research - I was a grad student once too (days best forgotten).

Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home