Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The past few days have been very hectic, and I've been pretty fried by the end of them (a fact to which many Purlygirls can attest as last night they witnessed much incoherent mumbling, staring into space, and utter confusion when asked simple questions). I had a paper for the SAMPE speaking contest due Monday. This didn't entirely happen. An important life truth was reiterated to me; if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. In my research I am supposed to see if surface differences affect performance. I looked at the surfaces and then in a miraculous move, was given the data on performance. Yea! Several tests I don't need to do! I looked closer at the data... and found out that there is nothing saying which samples were made of what. IE, I have no idea what surfaces performed better. I emailed the guy who gave me the results. He doesn't know. I would never have thought this would be a problem from a professional. At this point I didn't have time to do the tests myself, and nothing to write about. Damn. He seems to think he could figure it out if he looked at them again, maybe they'll accept the paper late...

The other thing that has taken all of my blogging time is painting the new place. I keep hoping that I'll be able to post pictures, but it refuses to be done. I think one more day should do it. I'm very happy with how it's turning out. Of course once all this work is done I need to actually move...

I have been finding time to knit. Rogue is back in my hands, and man how I love that pattern. It's just so much fun. It took me a while to get back on track, (I had to knit and rip four rows of it about five times) but now I have ten more rows until splitting for the arm holes.

Well, I'm going to hit the hay since I don't think I could manage stringing together one more quasi-coherent sentence. I should have knitting/apartment pictures tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home