Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I just got done with a very enjoyable two days of Jury Duty. I know that this is an odd thing to say, but it really was fun. I brought my laptop and latest Netflix (Mystic River: great acting on all counts, not much else to it) and sat a watched while knitting for just over an hour. Because I was selected for a judge needing a very large pool of jurors, I had a three hour lunch while they went through our initial surveys. This is when I discovered the Kent Cafe and Browser's Used Books. The cafe had good food and great coffee and a stellar waitress. (I've found service to be generally lacking in Seattle. Give a person more than one table here and they panic. This gal had the whole restaurant but my coffee was never cold.) The bookstore put crappy chain Half Price Books to shame. They had an excellent selection of classic SciFi, and much more reasonable prices. I, er, took advantage:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When I got back from lunch they said the case I had been assigned to was no longer going to use a jury, so I left three hours early and didn't even have to miss my shift at The Fiber Gallery.

I went back yesterday, to basically repeat my day (partial movie, knitting, sent home immediately after lunch). This time I also went to Pastimes Yarn. I had never been in there before, but it is huge and very sparse. I was able to peruse some issues of Rowan, however. I'm looking for something to do with the nine skeins of Kid Classic that I ordered for Rapunzel. I would like to do something that actually calls for that yarn, since I think it would use it to its best advantage. I have yet to find anything that calls to me, though.

All in all, a very relaxing way to fulfill my civic duty.

Random link: This would be hilarious the truth weren't so sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home