Saturday, February 11, 2006

And it begins. My olympic knitting had a bit of a rocky start. Despite actually thinking about it in advance, it turns out I had not in fact brought the proper needles to MS with me for my project. Fortunately, Friday is one of the four days a week the lys is open. It sucked to pay full price for needles, but I just got 40" cables so I could do both sleeves on one circular and didn't need dpns or two circulars or anything and it wasn't too bad. My best bet for finishing an item seems to be by beginning with the sleeves, so that's what I did. Slowly, because the beginning looked like this:

Image hosting by Photobucket

That's a provisional cast on using needles rather than waste yarn for two sleeves on one long circular. Two balls of yarn, six needle ends, and extra needles that were only 12" long. Oy. But I pulled it together, and by the end of the evening it looked like this:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Can you tell what I'm making yet? It's the Hardangervidda unisex pullover from Dale, and I'm using Tuir in three shades of gray. It's lovely so far, but I sure hope I accelerate.

Go team!

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Monique said...

All I can say is Wow.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Woohoo. When I left Stephanie in Tacoma today she had about 10 inches of one sleeve done so far.
So, what happened on Thursday??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home