Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I went out to Essential Baking tonight to find comfort food and take my mind off my missing my computer. Imagine my surprise and delight when I head friends calling me from a table. I had run into Jessica and Jean knitting with a group I wasn't familiar with, and they invited me to join them. Even better than knitting while reading the latest issue of Consumer Reports. The evening was revitalizing enough for me to blog a bit about the good things of the past few days.

Even though I decided to enter the SAMPE Student Speaking Symposium contest ten days after the abstract submission deadline, I got an email today that I had been selected as a semifinalist! And even better, the next deadline (the one that requires a paper based on some actual research) was moved back from 1 Feb to 21 Feb. If my paper is selected as a finalist, they will pay to send me to Long Beach, CA to present my work, and then I could win money. The first prize is $1000! I've got lots to do...

Knitting wise, I have made good progress on the Sheep Dress the Debbie Bliss Baby Knits Book.



I've decided that I'm going to make it a little jumper with a crew neck instead of the long sleeve dress in the pattern.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Congratulations!
It was fun and funny to have you join us tonight.
Wes should have some good restaurant recommendations in Long Beach by then. It's like it's suddenly the center of the universe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home