Thursday, January 12, 2006

Uhhhhhh-ffffffffffffff...... *ah-choo!* Pardon me, just dusting off the old blog. I've said it before and I'll probably say it again; I do not blog well when in MS. This time was even worse as for most of the past month I was on the road driving to and from various family. I did take some pictures, though.

I finished a few presents:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Napkin rings from Simple Knits with a Twist: these weren't nearly as bad as everyone says. They were slow, but not that bad.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Stitch markers for my close knitting friends.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Scarf for my long-time friend Aaron using the chart from the AntiCraft.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Okay, I already showed these off, but I'm just so happy with them.

We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The stockings were... draped by the chimney with care:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My great-grandmother made the felt stockings for me and my brothers and coincidentally my grandmother made a very similar one for my dad when he was growing up. In high school I made one for my mom so that she wouldn't be left out. The giganto-stocking you may remember from when I knit it last year for Mark. I've been meaning to re-knit it in a more reasonable size, but it is the only one anything fit in...

Mark and I got each other the same gift for the third year in a row (Shrek, a dart-board, and now alarm clocks). At least since we now live in different places it sort of makes sense to have duplicate items.

New ways to be entertained by a ball of yarn were developed:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mark spent his usual few hours throwing my cousins around and chasing them for copious tickling. He's been so busy with pilot training this year he's not had much time to work out, though, and was a bit unprepared:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And I proved that I am very, very old by using my ability to chose anything at all to do on my birthday to drag a husband who couldn't complain around furniture shopping. (I also had a dream in which my apartment was broken into and the majority of my horror was from never having clarified whether my computer is covered under my renter's insurance or I need a separate personal article floater. 24 seems to be a pivotal age in adultness.)

We also saw the neice who was born in June and of whom we haven't seen even a photo since, but sadly I also forgot to take one. Speaking of adorable babies, one of Mark's classmates conveniently welcomed one on the very day I finished this gift:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Isn't it just so cute? This is an Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket knit out of the leftover Debbie Bliss Wool Cotton from the Sheep Dress. It's a tad hard to see since they are of different reflectivity, but I used the layered button technique I saw on our trip to churchmouse. One tiny, detailed flower on a bigger, plainer one. I made Mark look at it and make appreciative noises about eight times the evening I sewed them on.

The drop spindles are two of seven I made in about a minute and a half from a dowel, a wooden car wheel, and a mug hook (all from Michael's). I made them for the two little blondes above. They've been knitting for a few years now, so it seemed a good time for the next fiber addiction. I also gave one to my mom. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the other four.

3 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh, what a productive girl you have been! i have your knit picks yarn you ordered.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Super cute sweater!

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

**** warning insurance nerd alert*****
sometimes computers are covered in the renters contract but they limit the amount, you should call to see what that limit is and if it is not enough to replace all of your computer equipment i would sugges a personal articles floater. if you can find your acutal policy and can't get a straigt answer out of your agent you can bring it monday and i will look
**** end insurance nerd alert****

suzy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home