Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I am completely screwed

Image hosting by Photobucket

There is no way I'm going to finish this. In a spurt of completely unreasonable optimism, I think I may be able to finish the knitting, but not the steaking or zipper sewing. Unfortunately, I was only able to knit four of the days I was in MS (between the 10th and the 19th) because a good friend was in the hospital so I was taking care of her house and family. In retrospect, I'm pretty impressed I am so far. I have learned a few things: 1) choose something that is more portable if you're only going to be working on one project at a time, 2) while starting with the sleeves is an important step for ensuring the finishing of a sweater in normal circumstances, the challenge of the time limit will take care of that in this case and the body should be begun during the time there is much sitting around the house, leaving the sleeves for when there is much travelling on the bus (see #1), and most importantly 3) the real challenge for me is not finishing a sweater in a short amount of time, it is working on only one project for 16 whole days. About an hour in I was already thinking about "just kicking out that hat real quick" or "there's almost nothing left to that sock." It has only gotten worse. I don't think I'll be doing this again; I just don't enjoy it, and there's no reason to make my hobby into work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home