Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I haven't been feeling very inspired to post lately. In addition to the general depression from a winter in Seattle, I think it's mainly in the hope that if I hold out just a little bit longer I'll be able to say "Look! It's a finished Hardangervidda!" I'm trying to let that go and move on (just on the blog, not the sweater. I'm still plugging away. It would go a lot faster if I would stop screwing up.)

I have been mulling over what I'm going to do about that shawl collar for the perfect sweater. When I started thinking about it, I realized that there are many things that could be called a shawl collar. I think my two favorite basic designs are something along the lines of these:

Image hosting by Photobucket

or

Image hosting by Photobucket

I think I maybe like the second design a bit better, the first is nice too and certainly would lend its self well to cardigan conversion. Hmm.

3 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Funny! I am wearing the Vouge shawl sweater at this very moment. The fit is amazing. True - it could be converted to a cardigan!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I like them both, though the second one is a little more sporty. They both would look good on you!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I did the Vogue one, and I looooove it. I actually made it out of Elann's Peruvian Wool, so it only cost about $30!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home