Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sockapaloooza socks complete!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Pattern: Broadripple
Yarn: Cascade Fixation
Comments: This ended up being something of a stealth project, since I kept waiting to post about them until Monday so as to join up nicely with Tuesdays are for Knitalongs and then forgetting to actually do it. I began these during the Super Bowl and got about two thirds of the way through the cuffs by the time Gray's Anatomy was over. After that they were a purse project with a break for the Knitting Olympics. I really like how they turned out. I've worked with Fixation before and really enjoy it. It's fast and makes a really nice material. I also really like this colorway. I have 97% of one ball left, so I think I may be able to get a short pair out for myself.

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, so I don't know when I'll be coherent again. If I wake up, that is. I'm not entirely convinced I will. (I know many people have this done every day without incident, but I'm very nervous for some reason.)

7 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Great socks!

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on finishing, fixation sounds like an interesting sock yarn

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow, two pairs of socks on 2 balls of fixation? that'd be great... congrats on finishing. they look fabuolous and I'm sure your sockpal will love them. Hope your wisdome tooth surgery goes well...

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger alison said...

Ahh, the good old Broadripple. Very nice to see some lovely Broadripples get made in these days of Jaywalkers and Embossed Leaves. Yours came out very nicely. Hope the teeth came out nicely as well!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Seanna Lea said...

The best think about Sockapaloooza is finding all of the knitting blogs I didn't know existed!

Have you read the Wild Swan by Pamela Kerr? It is based on the HC Anderson story with a bit of a twist.

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look great Molly!

Pip

pipandtom.com

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger MsFortuknit said...

Great colors and nice work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home