Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Well this completely sucks. Before I went to bed I thought I would just pop onto eBay to check for any neat spinning wheels. I found one I was interested in and tried to "watch" it, only to discover that my account (which I haven't used in months) has been suspended. It seems someone was using it to sell electronics. I'm guessing these were not entirely legit transactions. I'm not quite sure what they did to get suspended. Apparently that primarily happens if you don't pay your eBay fees or you seriously violate eBay's rules and standards. I don't know what happened here because the bastard CHANGED MY EMAIL ADDRESS! I can't see any account history or anything since my account is locked down, and when I tried to change my password as they recommended if you suspect fraudulent use, they sent an email with the required link. Here, random person, change my password and really lock me out. They're so helpful.

I tried using eBay's live support, but they only have general associates working who can answer "how do I bid on something?" but who have no power to see what has happened or fix anything. I've emailed the security folk, but we'll see how fast this is taken care of. I cancelled my PayPal account to ensure that eBay has no access to my money. I don't think they are actually trying to get at my finances, just hide behind my name, because this seems to have happened in November and I haven't noticed any suspicious activity on my accounts. I'm still worried, of course. Plus, this means I'm SOL on this wheel...

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. That really sucks. I hope you get it all figured out!

Let me know if I can be of any use on the ebay item...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home