Monday, April 03, 2006

Now all I want to do is spin. That, and buy my very own wheel. I spent most of yesterday at a Widbey Island spinning event with Jessica. We schlepped all our stuff an hour and a half north to listen to Judith Mackenzie, spin, and shop. Even though I'm still in a great deal of pain, it was totally worth it. There were so many beautiful wheels fun and excited people there we filled the Oak Harbor gymnasium/auditorium/lunchroom (ah, small town high schools). I sadly did not win any of the door prizes, but I did manage to increase my fiber stash a bit. My love affair with alpaca continues and I found roving from an alpaca named Sweetie in a lovely charcoal that I think is the softest I've felt so I grabbed a good 8oz. I'm not sure why, but it never occurred to me that roving could be superwash just like yarn, and there was a very soft superwash merino tencel so I picked up 3.5 oz to give it a try. I've never spun anything that didn't come from an animal, so I also bought 3.5 oz bamboo to play with (which is also... very soft. I need a thesaurus. Or another criteria to pick fiber). There was also a great deal of free fleece lying about at the end but I'm not set up for, nor particularly interested in, washing my own and for a while the feeding frenzy was quite intense so I left that alone.

Hopefully I've been able to fake it alright, but I'm having a heck of a time stringing cohertent sentances together. I think I'm going to take more drugs and pop back in bed.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so wish that I could have gone too, but unfortunately I had to be the on call person yesterday instead. I think that you had more fun! Can't wait to see what you bought!

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks look great. I love the color! Congrats on finishing. You also have made many amazing pieces.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home