Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The table:
Image hosting by Photobucket

The podcast:
Image hosting by Photobucket

The sweater:
Image hosting by Photobucket

The receipt:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Why are these elements important? Because if I flip this over I reveal...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Yes, my friends, this is what I was sunning on, listening to, knitting, and eating at 2:21 PDT on this 5th day of April in the year 2006 when I figured out what my dissertation is going to be about. Those are the scribblings of an actual hypothesis, research plan, and... dare I say it? A Path To Graduation. It is indeed a sunny day.

Since I know this is what you really care about, the sweater is The Perfect Sweater I'm designing the shawl collar for. ("Perfect" sweater indeed! The clarity of mind that came from relaxing knitting this garment may have been the source of my inspiration. I shall cherish it forever. (Unless I rip it out to do a different collar or size or because that's what I do.)) I'm knitting it from the top down in an effort to get to the collar bit in a more timely manner. I had just joined the fronts when I had to pause to capture my dissertation seed and the blog about my triumph. I think I should get a good chunk of the collar done tonight at Seattle Stitch 'n Bitch (that's right, Sew Fast So Easy. Bite me.) I'm planning on picking up stitches and working in ribbing, with some short rows to make the back higher.

4 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Zowie, that's big.

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know how big a deal this is!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Congratulations! Well done!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger amy! said...

Congrats! Don't feel bad about the other distractions. They provide you the fermentation time your brain needs sometimes. When I got serious about writing my dissertation, I think some of the most productive effort would be in the middle of the night. I'd go to be around 11pm. My brain would start thinking about stuff and writing. And I'd get up around 11:30pm and go to the office until around 3-4:00am.

dr. amy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home